August 13, 2022

Mogadishu; Police detail casualties in El-Gabta intersection blast

1 min read

Somali Police Force spokesman Abdifatah Aden Hassan held a press conference in which he detailed the casualties caused by today’s suicide bombing at the Elgabta intersection.

Abdifatah Adan confirmed that the blast was carried out by a suicide bomber in a car packed with explosives, and said he had entered a que of cars that were being searched at the presidential entrance checkpoint in El -Gab intersection.

He also said the blast killed at least eight people, including a traffic police officer, while seven others were civilians.

The police spokesman said nine people had been injured and were being treated at hospitals in the capital Mogadishu.

Police spokesman said the dead included a mother and her two children, who were traveling in a car on the road at the time of the blast.

He added that the casualties could be much higher, and that they were still counting the exact number of casualties caused by the blast.

Al-Shabaab claimed responsibility for the attack, and a brief statement from the group said officials from the Somali federal government were the target at the scene at the time of the blast.

Today’s bomb blast in Mogadishu comes less than 24 hours after another suicide bomber struck yesterday at Villa Baidoa entrance in Mogadishu.


Read More: Suicide bomber strikes in Mogadishu near army barrack

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!